Please ensure the following before logging in:
- Do not enter login or other sensitive information in any pop up window.
- Our bank does not ask for the details of your account/PIN/password. Therefore any one pretending to be asking you for information from the bank/technical team may be fraudulent entities, so please beware. You should know how to operate net transactions and if you are not familiar you may refrain from doing so. You may seek bank's guidance in this regard. Bank is not responsible for online transactions going wrong.
- URL address on the address bar of your internet browser begins with "https"; the letter 's' at the end of "https" means 'secured'.
- Look for the padlock symbol either in the address bar or the status bar (mostly in the address bar) but not within the web page display area. Verify the security certificate by clicking on the padlock.
- We shall also not be responsible for wrong transactions and wanton disclosure of details by you. Viewing option and transactions option on the net are different. You may exercise your option diligently.
- Phishing is a fraudulent attempt, usually made through email, phone calls, SMS etc seeking your personal and confidential information.
- Access your bank website only by typing the URL in the address bar of your browser.
- Do not click on any links in any e-mail message to access the site.
- Vijaya Bank never sends e-mail and embedded links asking you to update or verify personal, confidential and security details. NEVER RESPOND to such e-mails/phone calls/SMS if you receive.
- Do not be lured if you receive an e-mail/SMS/phone call promising reward for providing your personal information or for updating your account details in the bank site.
Having the following will improve your internet security:
- Newer version of Operating System with latest security patches.
- Latest version of Browsers Antivirus signatures with up to date definition.
- Scan your computer regularly with Antivirus to ensure that the system is Virus/Trojan free.
- Change your Internet Banking password at periodical intervals.
- Always check the last log-in date and time in the post login page.
- Avoid accessing Internet banking accounts from cyber cafes or shared PCs.
Beware of Vishing Attacks:
- Vishing is an adaptation of phishing attacks that uses telephone or VoIP (Voice over IP) tools.
- You may receive an e-mail or SMS asking you to call a free phone number to confirm your details, or you may receive a phone call with a recorded message asking you to input your account details.
- Once you have done this, the attacker is free to use your personal information to attack your account.
- To protect yourself use only the published official call centre numbers for your financial services company and be cautious in giving out your personal information over the telephone.
- Remember Vijaya Bank will never ask you for your password over the phone.
Click Here for the Model Compensation Policy